Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April Poem-A-Day 22: Phantom Tablatures of Rachmaninoff

Phantom Tablatures of Rachmaninoff

When everything is complicated,
I simplify, diminish, reduce my presence.

Complexity perplexes,
mystifies my simpleton mind.
I struggle to comprehend,
to fit the puzzle together
but I’m left gape-mouthed,
a hint of drool setting off
my vacuous blank eyes.

Sometimes the brain stain
overwhelms me and I strain
to pattern, recapitulating
all the corruptible facets
into child-friendly concepts.

I boggle playfully,
renouncing my soi-disant
haughtiness and expertise
for cool clarity and peace.

When recovered, I build up
my tolerance with slow frenzy
until I revolve and rev furiously,
until the revolution completes
another time, another cycle.

Please use small words,
I am confused.

© 2009, php

No comments: